Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 11- Pune

During my ride, I realised that my bike's pulling was bad in the ghat sections. I cud feel it acutely in Wayanad and during the Ambuli ghats sections too. Hence I had decided to get the servicing done in Pune, else I need to wait until Delhi. Eklavya was kind enough to introduce his mechanic, John, on the day I arrived, who asked me to bring her the first thing in the morning. I woke up to a great weather and a nice hot cup of chai. Since my friend was down with flu, i rode down to John's shed alone. I had to mend my clutch, get the oil topped and rectify the mileage (km/l), which was a pathetic 20. After the pressure plates were replaced with new ones (During the start  of my journey I had only replaced the clutch plates), he plugged a couple of air/throttle valves and assured me that now I'd get a very good mileage (km/l).Since I had already cleaned my carbs, we didnt need to open it again. How did i forget, the seal in the front right fork had to be replaced, since oil was oozing out of it for the past few days. Finally gave her a good bath scrubbing her off all the slush (thanx to some wonderful stretches of national highway in kerala and karnataka) and get the sparkle back.

I was back for lunch, where Eklavya's dad had cooked some wonderful food. Later in the  evening we had a couple of drinks listening to some vintage war stories (not fiction..). It was 11 pm already and I had to leave by 5 am the next day. Packing took me another 45 mins and I finally hit the bed sometime past 12. 

1 comment: