Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 5- Om beach

Woke up to a cloudy morning and took a nice walk along the beach, watching the fishermen still trying their luck for that prize catch in the ocean. The sound of the waves is just scintillating and I decided I will stay here for the day.
Nature acknowledged my decision by pouring rains throughout the day. I couldnt accept the invite from my Spanish friends to go around Gokarna, since I had clothes to wash (the bad side of travelling light). Went for a walk in the evening, where I bumped into a girl studying in Kerala. Later she told me that she's from Andamans. A group of 5 college kids from Bangalore arrived in the evening along with some more Indian tourists from Mumbai. Don't ask me if im sitting in the reception, its compact place where only about 20 people are there you see! Meeting new people is the essence of travelling rite? Habibi (gentleman from Dubai) invited me for a late coffee before we were joined by our Spanish friends.
The rains are still lashing over this sleepy town, which has completely held me in its tenter hooks. My next destination Goa can wait for now!


Distance Covered- 3 km
Journey- Om beach to Half-moon beach
Road condition- Very sandy (how else can a beach be?)

6 comments:

  1. The first picture is worth blowing up and framing.Beautiful!And u r rite abt meeting ppl, thats wat you will remember after bazillion years wen u recount ur journey to people..Wish you more interesting encounters and many lasting friendships!Keep the updates coming so the rest of get a ring side view of this amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ anonymous

    Thankx for ur compliments. Meeting diff people enriches u greatly, we begin to understand each one's perception on different things.broadens ur mind for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Start!I'm enjoying the blog! Keep going......
    Chandru

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep posting regularly dude.. nice to read this. have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CHandru

    Thnx mahi..most of the spots hav amazing scope for ur camera, u shd visit them sometime. hope ur shoulder is recovering fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Raja

    thnx da. will visit u in Gurgaon by the end of the month, if ur available.

    ReplyDelete